Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT Delhi) offers admission in M.Tech, computation biology, often known as M.Tech (CB) and M.Tech CB program integrates applicable knowledge from biology, computation, and mathematics as well. On this page the candidates can check the admission process, eligibility criteria and other details.
An applicant must have a valid GATE score to get admission in M.Tech Programme for this year. Candidates can apply online for said courses as per schedule from the official website iiitd.ac.in. Eligible students will get GATE scholarships.
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing or
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline
- MSc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences)
For Point 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the applicants must have done the following either during their qualifying degree or from a recognized institution / online education portal:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two Mathematics courses
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates are eligible to apply for admission with B.Tech/BE or MCA/MSc in CS/IT (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 7.00 out of 10 or 65% marks.
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates are eligible to apply for admission with B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) or MSc in Electronics (for ECE) with a CGPA of at least 7.00 out of 10 or 65% marks.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60% in their qualifying degree. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
- Online Application Starts on – March 16, 2020 (Monday)
(Specialization Preference will be taken during application)
- Last Date & Time of Online Application – 5 pm, April 16, 2020 (Thursday)
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates – April 20, 2020 (Monday)
- Test & Interview for ECE (at IIIT-Delhi campus) – May 02, 2020 (Saturday)
- Test & Interview for CSE (at IIIT-Delhi campus) – May 03, 2020 (Sunday)
- Publication of Merit List – May 13, 2020 (Wednesday)
- Round 1 Allotment – May 14, 2020 (Thursday)
- Acceptance(online) of Offer of Admission by – May 24, 2020 (Sunday)
- Round 2 Allotment (If seats available) – June 02, 2020 (Tuesday)
- Acceptance(online) of Offer of Admission by – June 12, 2020 (Friday)
- Withdrawal(online) Last Date – To be announced later
- Publication of vacation seats – To be announced later
- Spot round (Off line at IIITD-Campus) (Only rank holder) – To be announced later
- Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) – To be announced later
- Orientation – To be announced later
- Starting of Refresher(CSE & ECE)/ – To be announced later
IIIT Delhi releases the application form for M.Tech(CB) programme. Interested candidates can fill their application for admission into M.Tech (CB) programme at IIIT Delhi from the official website iiitd.ac.in on or before the last date. Candidates are advised must check or ensure their eligibility and other condition carefully before applying online application. A candidate is eligible to apply for one category only i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. During the process of admission if a duplicacy is detected, then he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only.
Application Fee is Rs. 510/-
IIIT Delhi releases the admit card for M.Tech admissions 2020. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website or from the link as per the schedule. The candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card on the day of the exam without fail.
IIIT Delhi publishes the list of candidates shortlisted for the IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020. Same can be checked through the direct link that is provided as per the schedule above. After the conducting body will release any notification for it.
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages:
1st Stage: The applicants will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record. Applicants with valid GATE score/ GPAT/CSIR-NET will be given additional weightage. A maximum of 100 applicants will be invited to IIIT Delhi to participate in the second stage.
2nd Stage: The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 60 candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
M.Tech (CB) candidates have to appear for the following two tests:
- 1st test will cover Engineering Mathematics &Computing Skills.
- 2nd test will be an aptitude test (will cover basic Mathematics, Analytical Abilities and Comprehension Skills).
3rd Stage: The candidates will be interviewed by IIIT Delhi Faculty members. (Document verification before the interview)
M.Tech CSE & ECE
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of two stages for GATE & three stages for Non-GATE applicants.
- 1st Stage (Applicable for both GATE & Non-GATE)
The GATE applicants will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record as well as GATE scores.
Non-GATE candidates will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record only.
- 2nd Stage (Applicable only for Non-GATE)
The screened candidates (Non-GATE) have to appear for a written exam at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test and previous academic record, qualified candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT-Delhi campus.
The syllabus of the test will be similar to GATE. You can check it here
- 3rd Stage (Applicable for both GATE & Non-GATE)
The candidates will be interviewed by IIIT-Delhi Faculty members.
The Institute reserves the right to change the screening criteria for shortlisting and selection. The Institute also reserves the right to fill the seats fully or partially at its own discretion without assigning any reasons thereof.
The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 3.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows:
- Rs. 97,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 87,500/- + Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.}
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
|Program||Security (refundable)||Mess charges||Single Room||Double sharing Room||Triple sharing Room|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||CLICK HERE|
|APPLY NOW||CLICK HERE|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||CLICK HERE|
|ANY CORRIGENDUM / ADDENDUM||CLICK HERE|
|TO DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD||CLICK HERE|
|FOR RESULTS||CLICK HERE|
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR ANY QUERIES : CLICK HERE
|BUY PREMIUM UPDATES NOW||CLICK HERE|
For all details in Hindi , How to apply , Selection procedure , Final Year Eligibility & more , SUBSCRIBE our Youtube Channel & click bell icon for latest free updates .. watch our latest job update now .